Wednesday, September 5, 2012

Personal Post

Hoo boy. This is a crazy week! I'm ready for it to be over already, and due to Labor Day (which I would have had off anyway), it's barely even started!

Sorry, for those of you looking for a "tips" post today...You get a personal post again.

I did Insanity yesterday. I'm really ready to switch over to the more "intense" ones. I ended up skipping about a week and  a half's worth of working out when I was out of town/messing with school stuff. I also don't work out if it's the weekend and my boyfriend is off work...so I normally pack 6 workouts into a 5 day timespan. So I'm a bit behind where I'd like to be, but next week or week after next, I'll be hitting the amped-up version of Insanity.
While I AM still getting results, I'm not sore after all of the workouts anymore. I'm still modifying a few of the workouts, as they don't work for my wrists (I had problems in yoga with wrist placement...I have small bones anyway and I don't think my wrists were made to hold up my weight at certain angles)...mostly those in the push-up/plank arena. Yesterday I switched out the push-ups for some planks (which I hold for the entirety of the time that I should be doing push-ups) and some inner thigh work (laying on my side and lifting my legs, once again done for the entirety of the time I should be doing push-ups)...I feel like I can't get the area targeted and it was an exercise recommended to me.

Like I said, I'm still getting results from Insanity, I can tell that I'm losing inches (when I'm finished with the program, I might post before and after pictures, which aren't SUPER exciting...it's not like I'm losing 50 pounds doing the program, I'm mostly toning up, which is what I wanted!)...I'm just ready for some more Intensity. And maybe that's why I feel more apt to skip workouts...yeah, I know, bad Ashley. The other day my back was a bit sore, but that was more likely due to cramps and not from muscle building.

I've been doing really well with my eating lately, and also with getting my schoolwork done. I'm finally starting to find a balance with everything. I had to get up early to take a test for body fluids, and I really need to quit second-guessing myself and just submit the exam when I have the questions answered! On both the body fluids and hematology exams that I took, when I went back through and changed answers, while I corrected one answer today, I changed two more and missed them! A similar thing happened in Hematology, so I just really need to be going with my first instinct, which is proving to be right more often than not :) I'm finally starting to get myself into a routine though...yesterday and today will be completely thrown off, but I'm also ahead for the week...and I'd like to stay that way for the semester. It's nice to be ahead with whatever you're doing, so if you have an off day (you get sick, you have computer malfunctions, or you just aren't in the mood for doing what you SHOULD be doing), it'll be okay. And you also aren't stressed out by the 11:00 deadline that you have because you already have it done and submitted :)

1 comment:

  1. Yay for seeing results! It's the greatest motivator, which is sad because you need to push yourself to keep going until it finally happens - which is where I usually get stopped up, but once you see it finally paying off it makes it all feel worthwhile. I'm glad to hear everything is going good with school :)

    ReplyDelete