Monday, September 3, 2012

Getting Back

I haven't actually written a post in about a week...all the posts I made last week I wrote in advance and scheduled.

Then life hit.

I got super busy, had some issues with work, and got in all-around a fairly nasty mood. I'd like to partially blame the female hormones, lol.

I'm feeling better, but I haven't worked out in a few days, so I'm feeling very anxious about that. I shouldn't be, especially since I haven't had the time to do so. But it also makes me feel hypocritical to be writing "You can always make time for a workout, etc!" when I haven't done so. I'm still attempting to figure out a good schedule for myself, and last week there were 3 nights where I managed to get 6 hours or less of sleep per night. I really enjoy getting 8 hours, especially when I've been doing a lot of physical activity, but it just wasn't in the cards last week. I had my first test (which I made a 91% on...more on that in a bit), I had multiple lectures to get through, 3 quizzes, 3 assignments...all of that was Wednesday onward.
Then I had to work this weekend, which allowed me to get through about 6 lectures and 2 assignments. I try to get ahead on the weekends when I can...which is what was allowing me to have time to workout, do school work, as well as getting domestic things like grocery shopping and cleaning the bathroom sink done ;)

My stress level has been through the roof lately. I HATE HATE HATE making negative posts, but hopefully it can help someone else out. My job has been getting worse by the week. I tried to talk to my boss's boss on Friday afternoon, but she wasn't in her office. That's going to be a top priority for this week, because last week I came home so frustrated that I was crying 3 times. Out of 5 days. That's ridiculous!
I'm also putting a ton of stress on myself about school. Like that 91% I made? It's not good enough for me. I should have made a 100%! This is my attitude about it, and while it's a good thing from a career standpoint, I guess, it's horrible on my mental and physical state. I'm just going to have to keep plugging away at it though. It's just insanely important to me that I understand everything, that I can remember everything, etc. and so when I'm doing these classes, if something is contradictory-seeming to me (which, there is one thing I'm in the middle of, actually), I have to go and research it myself. I've only had one instance thus far, but I've already spent over an hour trying to find a way to justify why some results are the way that they are.

So guys! I'm going to get back to writing those posts, hopefully they're helpful to some people. I'm trying to figure out a blogging schedule...I may just do 4-5 days a week, with tips and such 3-4 of the days and personal posts the other days. We shall see what happens! Be sure to check back though :)

No comments:

Post a Comment