Wednesday, June 19, 2013

Spring Fever VoxBox




Yes, I did indeed get picked for the Spring Fever VoxBox. I was actually pretty excited for it once I received it in the mail about a month ago.


I have tried a few of the products thus far, and two of them I still need to try to work with.


First thing I tried was my Tastykake. Someone I know has talked about this brand before and said how good it was, and I literally tried this within 10 minutes of opening my box. Basically, right after I took pictures.
It was...not what I was expecting. I got the S'mores flavor, and while it tasted good, I was expecting some kind of crunchy bit for the graham cracker part of the s'more. Instead, the entire thing was very fluffy.
I would probably go out and buy these on my own.


Second thing I tried was this lip blam from NYC. It's from their Appleicious line and I got "Big Apple Red".  It's meant to be super moisturizing with an apple-shaped moisture core. I would really like this stuff if I hadn't gotten such a bold color of it. The Big Apple Red shows up very red on me, and if I had gotten a more neutral color, I would probably wear this more. It is VERY moisturizing, which I do like, but because it is a balm, I'd like it to be more neutral for me.
I might buy this on my own, if I got a different color.

I've been wearing the Secret Outlast clear gel deodorant on and off since I got my VoxBox. It does work just as well, if not better, than my normal Secret stick deodorant, which is what I normally wear. It hasn't left any white marks on anything, which is what the product is advertising.
I would buy this one on my own, I do like it.







I got the Schwarzkopf OSiS+ Dust It hair volumizing/mattifying powder. I don't know if I don'tknow how to use it correctly or if my hair is just too long/heavy/thick, but...I don't really notice anything when I add it to my hair. I've tried twice and it really didn't do anything for me. Which makes me sad because I love their got2be dry shampoo, so I was really excited for this stuff.
I probably would not purchase this on my own...I feel like it doesn't work for my hair.


Finally, the imPRESS nails from Broadway Nails. I haven't tried these yet, and I'm not sure that I will. I naturally have thick healthy nails, and so when I originally got these, my real nails were longer than these press-ons. While I did like the color I got, I saw other people got fun designs, so I'm kind of sad about that. Like I said, I'm still iffy about trying these, especially considering my job requires me to wash my hands/use hand sanitizer frequently and I use my hands very often, so I'm worried about how well they would stay on.
These I would not purchase on my own.





No comments:

Post a Comment