Friday, July 19, 2013

My July Ipsy Bag


 So...this month was my first Ipsy bag! I saw June's bag on Facebook/Twitter/YouTube and loved it, so I signed up and received my first bag last week.

A couple of things left a bit to be desired, but I've tried most of it out now so I can give mini-reviews!

-Pop Beauty pouty pop crayon in Fuchsia Flirt: While I ADORE the consistency/smell/texture/etc of this, I wish I could have gotten the coral color! This is very much a hot Barbie pink. I can get it to stain my lips instead of being so opaque though, so I'll definitely be using it. It actually reminds me of the Revlon Kissable Balm stains in consistency, plus it smells minty as well! I haven't tested the staying power of this yet though.
-Demeter Salt Air perfume: So far, this is my favorite thing in the bag! OMG. It is a roll on, but DOES come in a spray, as well as body lotion and body wash...which I may be picking up! The smell of this is SO fresh. I can't find the description of the scent anywhere, but it does remind me of the beach...and while I normally like girly sweet smells, this one is perfect in a completely different way.
-Coola Mineral Face SPF20 Unscented Moisturizer: This I haven't used yet. My face is already broken out because it's TTOTM, so I don't want to aggravate it. I do want to say, I wish I had gotten the tinted moisturizer instead though. I love me some tinted moisturizers.
-Big Sexy Hair Weather Proof Humidity Resistant Spray: Haha, I got to test this out when it was literally 92% humidity outside. It did keep the frizz at bay, although I'm not sure how great the hold was because I combined it with mousse for keeping my hair curly. This doesn't have a strong scent to it, though I've never used anything from Big Sexy Hair so I don't know if any of the products have a strong scent or not.
-BH Cosmetics California Collection Eyeshadow Sample: My only bitch about this is that they picked one color from each of the palettes, leaving me with a matte royal purple, a shimmery brown, and a shimmery gold. They don't really go together. The colors seem to have good payoff, though I haven't used them on my eyes yet.

Want your own Ipsy bag? <a href=http://www.ipsy.com/?refer=u-hhzphujz2dls15qv> Sign up! </a> Already have a subscription? Tell me what you got in the comments and let me know how you liked it!

No comments:

Post a Comment