Wednesday, August 15, 2012

08/15/2012

Once again, another long day. Not as bad as yesterday though, because I was at least semi-expecting it.

I also did my first venipuncture today...on someone that I couldn't see the vein on as well! Just had to do it by touch. Also did a slight bit of hematology and some urinalysis.

I absolutely love this. Love love love it. I know all of the work for it will be worth it in the end. This is what I've been wanting to do for over a decade...not this specifically, but I knew I wanted to be in the healthcare field and I specifically had a cancer focus, which I could probably move that direction if I chose to do so...but I finally found the job for me. And I also am having a good time with the other people in the program. For my previous degree, half the time you were doing good if you talked to anyone else in the class. After two days, I've got a fairly solid base of people that we will all support each other through this. It's the best feeling in the world.

I still haven't been eating the best and I still haven't worked out. Considering I haven't had cheat days since...June(and even those were kind of pathetic ones)...I'm using this as a bunch of cheat days. I know I'm going to regret it later, but honestly, when I'm getting up at 5:30am, not getting home until 4 or later, having other stuff to do, and then trying to combat insomnia...it's hard. Actually, this may be the cause of my insomnia, now that I thought about it. That, y'all, was the sound of the lightbulb clicking on in my head.

1 comment:

  1. I love those lightbulb moments. I honestly think that is the greatest thing about blogging, because as you talk yourself through what's going on and put it out there for other people, sometimes you work out a solution while laying it all out there. pretty cheap therapy! lol!

    ReplyDelete