Thursday, August 16, 2012

T'day

I feel like today was the longest day ever.

I woke up at 5:15, got ready for school, drove the 45 minutes to school, had lab for 4 hours, drove back to my parents', packed up my stuff, then drove the 5 hours home from there. It's 8:20pm now and I'm EXHAUSTED. I have had crazy insomnia lately, but I think it's mostly due to my schedule being all out of whack.

But, I now have clean clothes, a wireless connection in my apartment (which I wish I would have known that my modem was also a wireless router before I dug out my old router), and...yeah. I should probably be doing some stuff for my classes right now but I am just WIPED. And I still have to work 4 days before I get a break...which isn't that bad. Especially since I will be doing school stuff at work.

Which speaking of...it's really bad when I'm this exhausted mentally and physically from school and I considered it a vacation because I dislike my boss so much! I'm dreading going back to work for that sole reason...I honestly do like what I do and I like a lot of the people I work with, but he just makes my entire life miserable.

I feel like I've gone through a massive transformation in the past 3 days. I feel like I'm radiating happiness. It's so weird. I never knew that school was going to make me this happy, to be honest. I'm really excited. I sound like a huge dork, but I'm just THAT excited to get started in the professional part of my field ASAP. I love learning anyway, and this kind of stuff is the exact stuff I would be interested in researching on my own...I do a lot of research to the side on workouts, nutrition, etc. and while this isn't involved in that part of it, it's HOW YOUR BODY WORKS. And when we get certain results from lab tests, how they can tell you exactly what's wrong with you, or be at least more accurate than WebMD. All from a simple chemical reaction with a colored indicator. How I got into healthcare will be a different post for a different day, but man. It just makes me happy.

And with that, I should finish unpacking my massive piles of laundry and eat some dinner. I should also workout too, but that may wait until later tonight. This sounds dumb, but I have two workouts to catch up on from last week, then I'm considering this week entirely a cheat week (I've been way over on my calories, but had I worked out, I would be under by a few hundred every day) and starting back up with my workouts and good eating on Monday, since that's what aligns with both my Insanity schedule that I have written out as well as my MyFitnessPal app.

No comments:

Post a Comment