Tuesday, August 14, 2012

Long Day

Hoooooooly crap y'all. Today was SUCH a long day.

They had apparently sent me the wrong schedule for orientation...I thought I was getting done with stuff today at noon and I wouldn't have to come back until noon tomorrow.
Nope. I had to stay until 3 today and I need to be back up there again at 8 the next two days. Thankfully, on Thursday, I'm done by noonish...but that also means a drive back to Oklahoma afterward.

Today was amazing though. I think I finally found a really good fit for me. Even while sitting there, I was wishing I could do the on-campus courses instead of the distance program, but that was before I got into the distance program classes. They are going to be wonderful! All of the lectures have audio accompaniment to the PowerPoints for one thing. Just the entire way it's set up is great. I sent a text to my boyfriend in the middle of the day telling him that I was actually super excited.
I have access to the class stuff right now, even though I'm not technically registered yet. I haven't really started it yet, though I did go out after school and got a notebook and three binders. That *should* get me through this semester, I hope. I have two more I can reuse at home. But one of the classes has ~250 pages of printed notes. ONE class. Another has over 100. Craziness.

Also. For anyone curious, I'm taking Hematology/Hematology Lab, Immunology, Body Fluids/Body Fluids Lab, and Parasitology this semester. It doesn't sound like a lot but that IS 12 hours and Immunology is ~3-4 lectures per week, while the others have 2 or so. Also, Parasitology is over on the 1st of November, so after two months, I'm basically down to 8 hours of classes. Then again, at that point in time, I'm also spending nearly 2 weeks on campus.

And now it's time for bed. It's past 11 again, and I have to get up around 5:30 again. I did nap earlier, but my body is exhausted and I haven't been able to fuel it the way I like to, nor have I been able to get my Insanity workouts in. I have no idea if I'll be able to this week...today I didn't get back from class until after 5pm...and I left at 6:15am!

1 comment:

  1. This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    ReplyDelete