Sunday, August 26, 2012

Better Frame of Mind

So, after having the weekend off (well, somewhat), I'm in a better frame of mind.

In fact, after my last post I got some good news, as well as some not-as-good news. The good news was that the school where I'm having my exams proctored decided to give me nearly a 50% discount, because they hadn't realized I was going to be up there for ~25 tests, haha. They also seemed much more willing to let me come up there early, etc. So that made my Friday much better.
The not-as-good news...I'm not going to discuss. It involves some money I wasn't really counting on getting anyway (but obviously it would have been nice had I been able to get that money)...but it seems that the money is probably not going to end up in my hands. Karma...is all I'm going to say.

I've been eating way too much lately. Bleh. I've been eating TONS better than last week when I was visiting my parents, but I'm just eating more than I'm burning off right now. I'm trying to get a schedule established though, and I think I finally did, to where I can get back into doing Insanity for 5-6 workouts/week (any time there is a Fit Test day, I skip that day of working out and use it as an extra rest day). I normally work out only 4 days of the week, though sometimes 5 depending on how tired I am, and therefore there's a day or two where I do two of the workouts (one in the morning around 10am, the other after I get off of work around 1am). I also have mentioned that I normally walk quite a bit at work...it depends on the day and who else is working, but some days I walk in excess of 5 hours at a very fast pace (if I were moving any faster, I'd probably consider it to be jogging), so I have been working out in that way.

With school, I'm definitely staying on track. I believe I mentioned it before, but there's 3 classes 4 days/week and then on Fridays there is normally 2+ assignments/quizzes due. By the end of the weekend, I try to have Monday's classes done and therefore I can chill out a little bit during the week and try to get about 2 lectures done per weekday. Some days I slack off and other days I'm more motivated, but I'm trying to keep up with what is done each week. In addition, if I work on the weekends, I can get a few more lectures done while there (last weekend I believe I got 5 done, many of which were from the previous week because I had been on campus in labs and not in the lectures).

I'm super proud of myself though. I'm glad I'm having the motivation to get my schoolwork done, get my health under control (with eating and working out), as well as still having time each day to have leisure time, whether that's watching TV, reading health blogs, organizing things, or paint my nails ;)

No comments:

Post a Comment