Wednesday, August 22, 2012

Workout and Importance of Protein

Oh geez. I finally got back to working out today...did Insanity's Cardio Abs and Pure Cardio. I FEEL SO MUCH BETTER. I didn't realize how much working out did for me until today!

So, now I'm trying to do some protein-loading before I go to work. Post-workout is one of the most important times to get some protein in guys. Pre-workout, you should get some carbs and some protein as well, but after you're done with your work out...you NEED protein to build muscle! So all the muscle that you just broke down during your workout can have a chance to rebuild and be bigger and stronger! It's also important to replace the fluids you lost as well as getting some carbohydrates for quick energy. It's best to do this within about an hour of being done for maximum results. You are still burning increased calories even after you work out, so you're not going to automatically cancel out your workout by taking in a few hundred calories post-workout.

No comments:

Post a Comment