Friday, August 24, 2012

Discouraged

I'm definitely discouraged with a lot of things now. I never meant for this blog to be a negative one, so I'm going to try to keep posts like this to a minimum.

But work has gotten me way down. It's spilling over into other areas of my life. The really sad thing is, I used to LOVE being at work. I loved my job, my coworkers, everything. Now...the only reason I'm staying there is so that they'll pay for part of my schooling.

I'm also incredibly frustrated with my living situation. Anyone that follows me on Twitter is probably aware of it. I have two horrible sets of neighbors...one set has about 6 people living in a 2 bedroom apartment, taking up no less than 4 parking spots per day, often leaving me with nowhere to part. This set of neighbors also is loud (often with domestic disputes, but sometimes just music, slamming doors, loud cars, etc) and they are the reason I have roaches. Yes guys, I have cockroaches in my apartment. It's disgusting and embarrassing, but everything I've tried thus far will not get rid of them. I did not have roaches in the 4 1/2 years I lived here before these idiots moved in, and then about a month after they moved in, I noticed a couple in the kitchen. They've now moved to all rooms in my apartment and there's more than I'd like to admit.
Then I have the other set of next-door neighbors. This set rented their apartment a month before they were going to move in to set off a bug bomb. Which made myself and other members of the building physically ill. A girl upstairs was vomiting for days. Nobody was told there was going to be a bug bomb set off and we had to figure it out on our own. This is after they spent an entire weekend cleaning with harsh chemicals and I got a migraine because my entire apartment reeked of bleach. These people constantly have maintenance in there, or so it feels, hammering on something, even if it's just them pounding on the door to be let in. The woman also wear shoes all day, and shuffles her feet in shoes that sound like the plastic children's dress-up heels. They cannot close their door quietly, no matter the time of day, and one weekend they were entering and exiting their apartment until 4am.

I also got notice this morning about an inheritance that I was supposed to receive about 3 years ago. Us ( the family) has taken it to a lawyer because the executor of the estate has been extremely flaky. Well, they sent my $1500 check to some address that I had NEVER lived at about a year and a half ago. I had called the office about it, they said they couldn't cancel the check but that they'd send me a new one - that obviously never happened. I found out this morning that someone endorsed the check and cashed it IN MY NAME, probably the SOB executor of the estate that had been stealing from the account anyway, and now there's $73 left in the account. There was still supposed to be about $15000.

Between some of the people I interact with at work, my neighbors, and the previously mentioned SOB executor, I'm disgusted with people in general lately. I am genuinely a nice, thoughtful, caring person. I don't do it because I'm afraid to get punished by God or whatever, I ACTUALLY care about people. But why is everyone such an asshole lately? Maybe it's just me getting older...but even when I worked in retail, it didn't seem THIS bad. And I worked at TJ Maxx, which isn't exactly the classiest place, especially when you have people arguing over a penny discount, lol.

No comments:

Post a Comment