Saturday, January 26, 2013

A Source of Snark

Do you ever have those days where you just want to forget all social etiquette and start screaming at someone?

Well, today (uh, yesterday at this point) was one of those days. Not getting into full details, but when you have fully grown, fairly mentally stable adults acting like children for hours until you can get them to leave...that should be enough to drive anyone crazy. Then add on the fact that you practically need to babysit other people lest you fear for others' well-being while fielding phone calls from people that obviously have no clue what's going on...

I actually missed working in retail today. Even front-end customer service retail. You know, the kind where you have people arguing with you over a PENNY. ONE CENT. Yelling.

Everyone keeps telling me that I have a light at the end of the tunnel, but damn, the this tunnel feels like it's never going to end. I absolutely LOVE what I'm going to school for, but getting to the point of being done (December of this year, y'all!) is wearing on me. There's only a person or two that really gets it.

I wouldn't be nearly as snarky and plain mean some days if I didn't feel like my brain was wasting away at work. Yet we have people that...well, you'd think it was advanced rocket surgery or something. It also wouldn't be as bad if I got the recognition for my hard work and desire to learn...but seemingly, the slackers get rewarded while the people that actually have a clue are held back. Whether it's true or not, I can't say, but that's sure what it feels like.

What I do know is that I used to love my job. I would voluntarily work around 50 hours a week for the longest time. Now, it takes everything in me to not call in a lot of days.

No comments:

Post a Comment