Tuesday, January 1, 2013

Obligatory

Ah, of course. The obligatory New Year's post. I'm sitting here watching the Orange Bowl while my boyfriend is trying to go to sleep...over my yelling and clapping. And he wants the Cinderella team to win, so I'm even more obnoxious because I'm pulling for FSU.

Yeah, well. I don't have a "2012 in Review" to post...the main thing of substance I remember from the year is getting accepted to lab school, and completing my first semester with a 3.9 GPA. I'm sure some other things happened...many of them disappointing, but whatever. 2013 is a new year.

So, let's start with the resolutions that we all know I'll fail at at least SOME of them.

-Make my relationship better with my boyfriend. We've been fighting a LOT, especially since I started school, and some things I've not so proud of have gone down. I'd like to fix it. I'm tired of being in this limbo state, and these last few days have done wonders for our relationship...we spent this weekend, Monday, and today together.
-Get back on track with my health. This includes both my eating and working out.
-Have another amazing semester of classes at school. My clinicals shouldn't be a problem, but this upcoming semester has all kinds of potential to be problematic. I'm aiming for a 4.0, just because that's what I aimed for this semester and I can't really do any better than that, now can I? ;)
-Get work settled. I'll be done with school in mid-December, and I'd either like to be working as a tech at my current hospital by then, or have a job lined up outside of my current hospital if they aren't willing to work with me as much as I'd like.
-Get my blog on! I'd love to get something good going on with this blog, whether it morphs entirely into a lifestyle blog or continues to focus a lot on health and healthcare.

I think 5 is a good number to have. And I don't really feel like it's acceptable for me to fail at any of them. It's stuff I was planning on working on anyhow, it's just out there now. Heh.

No comments:

Post a Comment