Saturday, January 12, 2013

Thursday Night + Insomnia Thoughts

So, in lieu of posting about this on...oh, I don't know, the night it happened. Or yesterday, since I needed to link up with miss Brandi for the What's In My "Makeup Bag" post.

Anyhow. My birthday is tomorrow, the 13th. And I have to work all weekend. So, I had a day off Thursday. J came over after he got off work, and took me out to dinner (amongst us doing other things). It was honest to God one of the best times we've had in a long time. We went to an upscale restaurant (for Oklahoma anyway) and enjoyed our food and then just had an amazing time. I don't know what has happened over the past month or so, but it's fixed so much about our relationship. And I can't help but be so happy and excited about it. I'm not sure if it's the fact I just didn't have classes for the past month so I didn't have that heavy stress bearing on me or what, but I don't want it to ever change.

However, my insomnia was raging. He has to get up for work around 2:30am, so we tried to go to bed around 8. I fell asleep around 9, woke up no less than 4 times throughout the night, and then not long before his alarm went off, I woke up. And proceeded to not go back to sleep. It's so frustrating not being able to sleep. I mean, I feel fairly well rested for the most part, like I'm not just absolutely dragging, but considering most days I'm not going to sleep until a lot of people are getting up for the day...it's frustrating. I guess it gives me more time to do my schoolwork though. I just wish I could figure out what was wrong with me and a way to fix it.

1 comment:

  1. Wow I am way happy to hear you are happier in your relationship!

    It sucks not being able to sleep throughout the night :( I get woken up pretty often by my cat, which is way different than what you experience, but it leaves me pretty drained in the morning whenever she decides to be psychotic. Which is 1-2 times a week LOL.

    I hope you figure out a way to help your insomnia soon, I can only imagine how frustrating it must be!

    ReplyDelete