Wednesday, January 30, 2013

Rock and a Hard Place

I'm definitely having a hard time with some things right now.

I hate for things on this blog to ever turn negative, but there are a few situations that have been bubbling up over the past few months. These situations are finally coming to a head.
I have the feeling my boyfriend would rather me not discuss one of them with anyone at all. The other, main one, has to do with my unhappiness at work. There are a few situations at work which are making me so unhappy and I haven't quite figured out what to do about them.
One has to do with various attitudes at work. There are two people in particular that have holier-than-thou attitudes, think they are better than everyone else (when in reality...neither of them are), and in general their personalities have started to grind my gears. Which is making me regress from being myself at work. There's another situation in regards to management which I won't really get into, and finally, there's the fact of my job itself.

I love what I do. I really do. But I also don't want to be stuck doing it forever, hence, why I'm busting my ass in school full-time while working full-time. I'm not sure I want to stay at my current job location, even in a different position, just due to the way I've been treated, my general attitude toward the place at this time, etc. This has been building for...probably close to a year. It waxes and wanes, but at one point I was so miserable at work that I was crying before I had to even get ready for work, because I didn't want to be there that badly. It's improved a bit since then, but it's still fairly dismal.
To compare...when I first started, I had voluntary overtime within my first two weeks, and about 6 months after I started, I was voluntarily there about 50 hours a week. And now I don't want to be there at all, even though I really do need the money.

So, I'm in a very odd place in my life right now. I'm trying to sort out various situations, and it's really wearing on my mental state. I will get some relief soon, I'm sure, with the situation that I didn't go into detail about, however the work situation, I'm afraid, will be lingering for at least the next few months, if not for the next year as I finish school.

2 comments:

  1. Maybe you need one day to yourself where you pamper yourself and relax?

    ReplyDelete
  2. @Pearl - Trust me...I feel like I need it, and I also feel like I won't be able to get one until, oh, May-ish.

    ReplyDelete