Thursday, January 3, 2013

Digital Thermostats



Not gonna lie. This is my first tipsy post here on Health and Snark. Probably not going to be my last. Also, I'm not a lush and I'm writing this at 1am, not 10am. Promise.

And I'm keepin' it classy with apple pie moonshine in a redneck wineglass. Yum. If you haven't tried it...well, you should.

I'm also COMPLETELY obsessed with the ring that my boyfriend got me (uh, that I picked out). It came with a necklace too, but the ring is what I was after. Isn't it pretty? It's opal with diamond accents in white gold. <3

This post is going to turn into a ramble, I believe.

Which brings me to my next point. My neighbors are RIDICULOUS. Their (probably) 2 year old, I kid you not, is up screaming every.single.night between 1 and 1:30am. I don't think this kid has any kind of schedule...or rather, the parents continually wake the kid up with their loud video games and their parties. I honestly feel bad for this kid, but I also just want to go over there and yell at them all to shut up. And when I say this kid is screaming, I can hear, through the paper thin walls, that the parents are doing nothing to try to comfort their child. They just let him scream his little head off. Which...cry it out method. Cool. Whatever. But don't do that shit at 1am when you're in an apartment complex and your neighbors may or may not be trying to get some shut eye. Or trying to do school work. Or just, quite frankly, are sick of hearing a toddler screaming.

Ahh, apartment life.

Which, speaking of. My heater had been having issues for...geez...probably since last winter. I thought I probably wouldn't be living here this winter (bad thought, obviously), so I just kind of ignored it. When we got to the days where it wasn't getting above 40 outside and it was 60 inside...well, I talked to the apartment manager. This was about 3 weeks ago. I figured they had already "fixed" it, as apartment complexes are notorious to do, but a maintenance guy stopped by on Monday and fixed it. And installed a digital thermostat. Guys, I'm living in near-Stone Age apartments here.
And I'm excited over a damn digital thermostat.
Imagine what I'll be like when I have my own home, with a dishwasher (nope, I'm living without one here), a garbage disposal (I said near-Stone Age!), and I can paint and decorate to my heart's content. And all without having to hear someone else's child screaming!

It's going to be insane y'all.

This random post brought to you by alcohol :)

No comments:

Post a Comment