Monday, January 7, 2013

The Disappointing Weekend

Gosh. I've gotten my days and nights all messed up again. Just in time for school to start again. Convenient, no?

This weekend was, unfortunately, rather disappointing. One of my close coworkers had her last day on Friday, and thus she decided her "outside of work" going away party would be Saturday evening at a restaurant/bar. I'll admit, I slept in a little late; I was finally able to sleep on Friday night, so I took advantage of it. And apparently I should have gotten up earlier. J also slept in...until 5pm. Well, we got up for a few hours and napped.
Anyhow. The party started at 7, we didn't get there until about 7:45. It was extremely awkward for me. There were a total of 10 of us there, and I didn't know any of them terribly well except my coworker and J. We were at a long table and of course I was at the opposite end of the table as my coworker. The other people there...3 of them we also worked with, but I'm on a different shift and not horribly comfortable with 2 of them. Then there were guests that had been brought which I didn't know at all. It was actually rather miserable for me.

This is why I hate going to social events with people I'm not super close with. I always feel awkward and wish I could be somewhere else. And I get extremely irritable. So, I just continued drinking. For two hours.
After that, 6 of them decided to go to a hookah bar and the other 2 decided to go home. I didn't want to be in the awkward situation anymore and didn't want to spend the money, so we also decided to go home. In which J and I stayed up until about 2, intended to do things today.

I couldn't wake up until 3. I was in a horrible fog. This is what I get for taking sleeping pills, I suppose. And J didn't want to do anything, like take back the clothes we got him that didn't fit. He managed to sleep all day, and I fell asleep again for an hour around 6pm. I feel like such a lazy slob.
And I also hate feeling like I'm wasting weekends like this. This is my last real weekend off until May, and that's horribly disappointing. All the rest of the weekends until then will be absorbed by school and/or me working. Or both. My classes officially start on Thursday, but I've already listened to one lecture and I'll be listening to more as they become available. I work next weekend, but for the weekend after, I'd like to be ahead enough in my schoolwork that my birthday (the 13th, which I'm working) can actually be celebrated and I can really spend time with J.

I'm just really disappointed right now and I'm not entirely sure what's wrong with me.

2 comments:

  1. You know what though? Tomorrow is a new day and you can make it better! Just needs some practice and discipline!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I agree with Judy!
    It's all in your mindset, babe! If you start thinking better, soon you'll start feeling better!

    ReplyDelete