Friday, January 11, 2013

What's In My "Makeup Bag"

Obviously, looking at these pictures, you can tell that this isn't what's SOLELY in my makeup bag. However, this is the stuff I use on a fairly regular basis, much of it is what I bring while traveling and it fits into one little bag for size purposes, but I've expanded a bit recently. I also have other makeup in another case in another room that has stuff I don't use routinely.

I'm linking up with Cupcakes and Curves for this one, so go see her post over here when you're done here :)

So, onto the explanations!

This is my samples bag from Sephora that I'm slowly working my way through (various skincare samples along with 5 perfumes) on the left.
On the right is my travel makeup bag. Hence, why it's beat up. And, quite frankly, pretty ugly. LOL, it used to be cuter, and my lipgloss bag in my purse is basically a disco ball, but this really doesn't see the light of day except when going somewhere overnight.




Skin prep! I use either CeraVe or Neutrogena Oil-Free Moisture (I have another bottle with SPF floating around somewhere as well) every day under everything. Even when wearing my Maybelline Dream Fresh BB Cream; lately I've been using up samples from Sephora though, so I haven't been using my BB Cream lately. I use 3 different concealers from Physicians Formula on a daily basis...the small one on the bottom left I often will use as a primer for eyeshadow, the navy blue Gentle Concealer stick in the middle for red spots, and the larger white Powder Finish Concealer stick on the right for undereye circles. I either set with Rimmel Stay Matte powder (upper right) or Physicians Formula Bamboo Wear pressed powder (which all the stores here quit carrying so I'm just using the last of it) on the right. And finally, some days, I'll use my Rimmel Natural Bronzer to give myself a glow...I use that more often in the summer though.

Brushes and eyeliner! Yes, I got the Hello Kitty brush set from Sephora, and yes, I like it. Haha. I also have some random kabuki and various other eyeshadow/etc brushes pictured right below Hello Kitty. My eyeliners that I use for my waterline are below the brushes: Maybelline Unstoppable in Onyx, L'Oreal Le Kohl Pencil in Onyx, and Maybelline ExpertWear in Ebony Black. It depends on the day and the look I'm going for as to which I use. Finally, my E.l.f. Studio Cream Eyeliner in Black is at the bottom.




Ah yes, eyeshadows. I have the Disney Cinderella Storylook palette from Sephora (LOVE it!), the MAC 2007 Holiday Curiositease warm pigments (used to use these daily until getting my Cinderella palette), and my 3 go-to highlight MAC pigments - Vanilla, Jardin Aires, and Provence.






And finally, my miscellaneous crap. My mascaras - Maybelline Waterproof Falsies in Very Black and Maybelline LashBlast in Waterproof and non-Waterproof in Very Black and Black. I have an EOS Smooth Sphere in Summer Fruit, and then bobby pins and hair ties :)

3 comments:

  1. We use the same powder and moisturizer! Go us!
    I love that Hello Kitty brush holder!! <3

    xo - Cupcakes and Curves

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am so jealous of your Cinderella palette! And also, that blanket looks freakin' luxurious.

    ReplyDelete
  3. @Brandi - Haha, I got that CeraVe on your recommendation! The powder I had no idea about until I saw your post :) The Hello Kitty brushes are actually pretty nice, much nicer than most of the brushes I've been using for sure.

    @Kristi - Oh geez, the Cinderella palette is NICE, and came in a gorgeous box! I've used all the colors except for 2, I believe. It's fun to experiment. And the blanket I got from TJ Maxx a few years back. The other side is the fluffy hairy stuff (I don't even know what to call it) and it's SO soft!

    ReplyDelete