Tuesday, January 8, 2013

The Good, the Bad, the Ugly

Today was honestly the most stressful and busiest day at work I've had in the lab ever. And I've worked there 2 1/2 years.

I came in to mountains of stuff, and when outpatient services are normally finish by 7 or 7:30...we got done after NINE. And that didn't include everything that went along with it. I had the feeling that I was just treading water for the entire first 6 hours of my shift. It made things go by extremely fast, but holy crap, were we busy.


I finally got access to all of my classes for school. I'm super excited about that, even though I'm not really looking forward to this semester...Molecular Diagnostics, Chemistry, Microbiology, and Blood Bank. I'm kind of excited about Blood Bank, as the bf thinks I'll enjoy it because it's like a huge puzzle. Who knows, I might. However, in our lab we sort of outsource our molecular stuff (I enter in results for it all the time, but I don't run the tests) and chemistry just bores the crap out of me. So, we'll see.

I also got part of my order from Victoria's Secret today, yay :) I accidentally ended up getting a matching set, lol. Go figure. I pulled them out of the bag and was like "Oh, hey. I don't have any patterned stuff that ACTUALLY MATCHES, so here we go". I also stopped by Walmart after work to get new nail polish, new headphones, and some binders. I tried printing off all my notes for class and ended up getting a quarter of the way through Microbiology lecture plus all of Chemistry lecture. I already had Blood Bank lecture and lab printed off, but it's going to be like a damn tree getting all of this printed. Retail therapy FTW though. I'll be making my own tabs for my notes again, color and pattern coordinated. And once I figure out what I want to do with my nails for my birthday week, I'll do them as well.


I did have the worse insomnia and anxiety last night. I wish I knew what my problem is. I went to lay down with J at 2am (he has to get up between 2 and 3 for work) and just started BAWLING. The kind of bawling where you're taking the weird little gasps for air and you're getting snot all over the place. And I ended up not falling asleep until 8am. So, uh. I got about 3 hours of sleep. Go me. I don't know if I'm anxious about school or work or what. Friday night I had a work-related nightmare in which I was actually, in real life, awake and J was trying to calm me down and I wouldn't have it...I was still halfway stuck in the dream. I remember it all, too.

No comments:

Post a Comment